My serious question:
If we vote to discard all packages in non-free, would that be the first
vote in Debian history, to discard/delete packages?

Some rabble rousing:
Could there be a slippery slope argument?  Some of the arguments for
deletion of non-free boil down to "I don't personally like it, thus I wish
to forcibly take it away from everyone".  Would the next vote be to
eliminate emacs, gnome or python using similar arguments such as, I don't
like them, I disagree with their philosophy, I disagree with their
politics, there are excellent alternatives, it costs resources to host
them, they were never a part of "required" or "important" so they were
really not part of Debian anyway, and nothing prevents the developer from
distributing them using a (currently non-existing) third party method?

I guess I see keeping non-free as the lesser of two evils, as nothing
"forces" people to use packages located in non-free, but forcibly removing
non-free would negatively impact folks whom just want to be left alone.
So, choosing between "no suffering for anyone" and "suffering for the
politically incorrect", I chose no suffering, and oppose the removal of
non-free.