On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:36:45AM -0500, Susan Kleinmann wrote:
> Taken at face value, it looks as if the number of non-free packages
> has not increased *significantly* since slink.

But that it has increased at all is not suggestive that it is going to
"dwindle" or "wither" of its own accord, as some have suggested.

> Also, taking your suggestion that one should consider source packages
> instead of binary packages, I suspect that package-splitting has become
> a lot more common than it was in the days of slink, so a more detailed
> analysis might actually show that the number of non-free packages has
> decreased over the long run.

It would be worthwhile to find out for sure.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      It doesn't matter what you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      doing, emacs is always overkill.