>>"John" == John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

 John> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:44:23AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
 >> oh great, another round of the non-free jihad.

 John> Oh great, another round of red herring attacks.

 John> I'm glad that you find it so difficult to disagree with what I say that you
 John> instead choose to attack that which I have not said.

 >> what exactly does this gain for debian and debian users, apart from a
 >> fascist enforcement of YOUR ideological preferences?

 John> Let me first turn that around and ask you: what does it harm
 John> Debian and Debian users?  Is it that hard to change a few
 John> characters in sources.list?

	This is a misstatement. There won't be a few lines to change;
 there may not be a replacement; or gathering the list may be a
 serious effort.

	If you find a place for all he non-free software, and thus
 make your statement actually true; (instead of a mere sophist device
 to gloss over the problems), things shall be different.

	As such, this statement is trivially false: angband, for one,
 is unlikely to find a home once non-free is removed, and I have no
 way of knowing if this is the only such package.

	manoj
--
 "The porcupine with the sharpest quills gets stuck on a tree more
 often."