Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:00:00AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 451 (88.4%) RC bugs in main,
>  25  (4.9%) RC bugs in non-US/main
>  16  (3.1%) RC bugs in non-free
>  13  (2.5%) RC bugs in contrib
>   1  (0.2%) RC bug in non-US/contrib
>   4  (0.8%) RC bugs in pseudo packages
>
> While those numbers aren't particularly firm and shouldn't be relied
> on too heavily, they do seem to indicate that non-free isn't a whole
> lot buggier than main -- based on the proportion of non-free packages
> we have, you'd expect around 14 RC bugs, to main's 450.

I postulate that significantly less people use the non-free packages,
and that this has a significant impact on the number of bugs filed.

[I think the "X is more buggy than Y" notion is an unfalsifiable
hypothesis in all cases]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK