On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 08:47:57AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:50:11PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > 	But it is likely. I know for a fact that one such almost-free
> >  package won't be. And I have no idea where you are drawing your
> >  conclusions from -- where shall these archive sites magically appear
> >  from?
>
> I think that the large number of interested developers have already
> made themselves known in this mailing list.  Between all of the
> hundreds of Debian developers, there are plenty of people with
> connections to bandwidth and disk space.  There are plenty of mirror
> sites (metalab, kernel.org, archive.progeny.com, etc.) that would no
> doubt be happy to mirror it, as they are already mirroring Debian's
> non-free collection.  I really don't see it as a problem at all.
>
> If the non-free support is so weak that nobody cares enough to put a
> little bit of work into it, that says something about how little we
> care about non-free here, doesn't it?

That's a non-argument, I think. I would object to chunks of main being
removed even if I could in theory host them myself; this doesn't mean I
don't care about them.

Let's put it this way: I care about certain parts of non-free enough to
want to support them using the facilities Debian currently provides for
them.