Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:11:39PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 06:10:29PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > We have come a long way in many respects, and I really see no reason that
> > Debian needs to be providing non-free software.
>
> Why are you still maintaining bulkmail and whirlgif, both non-free
> packages?

The GR is to drop non-free from the archive, not mandate that all
Debian Developers stop working on non-free software outside their work
for the Project.  (Such a proposal would be problematic not just for
John, but for those of us who work on non-free software as part of our
jobs.)

This suggests to me that John is willing to live by the rules he's
proposing, which is laudable.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Mob rule isn't any prettier just
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      because you call your mob a