Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

>>"Josip" == Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> writes:

 Josip>        The  .deb format is the Debian binary package file format.

	So? There is nothing that says only Debian packages use the
 debian binary package *FORMAT*.

 Josip> Thomas said "There are no non-free Debian packages, because non-free
 Josip> packages are not part of Debian.". The non-free .debs are still .debs,
 Josip> hence my suggestion that we shouldn't discuss wording and instead
 Josip> discuss the real issue at hand.

	Sloppy language. They may be software packaged according to a
 public format, and may follow some guidelines that debian packages
 also follow, but that does not make them Debian packages, or part oif
 the debian system, or entitled to Debian services.

	I can package third party binary packages that I have bought
 into convenient .deb format, but that does not suddenly mean they
 shall be entitled to be Debian packages.

	Semantics, and precision, are important here.

        Anything under the sun that has been shoved into a ar archive
 of tar archives and following the policy document is not a debian
 package.

	manoj
--
 Love is what you've been through with somebody. James Thurber