Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

>>"Josip" == Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> writes:

 Josip> You would ignore the wishes of non-free .deb users for the
 Josip> sake of sparing us of one periodic flamewar?

	The wishes of people who use non-free software, no matter how
 it is packaged, really concern me only minimally. The only
 consideration is for people who mostly use Debian, but they need to
 use non-free software that is not part of the Debian system.

	I am a free software advocate. I strongly evangelize free
 software. The only reason I supported the social contract, and
 defended the non-free archive we host, is because I wanted to help
 people who use the free software mostly, and that I knew that the
 distinction was clear between free and non free software, and we were
 all working for freedom

	However, if the distinction is lost to a notable debian
 developer, I would much rather dump the non free software than have
 the message of freedom be diluted.

 	Call this a rabid rant if you will. I work on fre software
 because I believe in *freedom*, not because I wanted an 31337 email
 address.

	manoj
--
 "A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
 a simple system that worked." John Gall, _Systemantics_