Re: Why are modules and modules.conf not versioned?

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 11:57:56AM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
The problem I am trying to solve in this. Anyone using a laptop that installed or upgraded to woody that decided to update to 2.4 series kernel would have had to used the modules.conf file language to make both the 2.2 and the 2.4 kernel to work. Normally it is nice to have a

I don't understand why upgrading from 2.2 to to 2.4 on a laptop involves
touching /etc/modules at all. I don't have anything in /etc/modules
having anything to do with pcmcia (I assume that's what you mean by the
laptop reference?)

Mike Stone