Re: [desktop] webmin or Ximian Setup Tools?

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:43:52PM +0100, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From a KDE point of view. I've looked at the Ximian Setup Tools. There have a
> pretty interface and pretty icons but :

   Miguel de Icaza, Carlos Garnacho (current Gnome System Tools)
  mantainer, other people and I (current Debian mantainer) have also
  think that kDE folks should get the backends GST use and with that
  write a nice frontend for KDE. That will provide a unified backend for
  both desktops, while each one could have it's own interface better
  integrated with the desktop. Also this will lead to more people using
  those backends, and more developers taking care of them.

   The only problem we have found is that nobody from KDE has started
  that project. And while there is a large group of GNOME developers
  here in Spain, I haven't found any KDE developer here to try to
  convince him.

   If somedoy could do something about this (i.e., sending some mails to
  some developers/KDE lists), that would be great.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org