[desktop] webmin or Ximian Setup Tools?
I read about the Debian Desktop project and I think it's good.
What sounds strange to me is this phrase:
"... The "desktop" flavor could then install webmin."
In my opinion webmin is more useful in a server installation whilst
Ximian-Setup-Tools are best suited for a desktop system.
1. Gives an easy remote access to servers (typical server farm scenario)
2. Eventually there's no need to open other ports (telnet, ssh, ...) for
Ximian Setup Tools:
1. Coherent desktop interface
2. Don't need to "configure" the configuration system
3. It doesn't imply security risks the user must consider (webserver = 1
more risk not justified in desktop environments because is not required
the user to care about it)
What do think about?