Re: I've tested the PGI installer

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 06:39:55AM +0100, Nick Name wrote:

> Also, in many apple systems there are nvidia cards. I don't want debian
> uninstallable on apple machines, hope I am not the only one.

So file a bug.  A *normal*[1] bug.  Filing a hardware-specific bug at RC
severity is bug inflation, and it's rude.  Grave severity means "makes
the package in question unusable or mostly so".  If it works on 99% of
the hardware configurations in existence, it is not *mostly* unusable.
For that matter, if a package only works on one of our eleven
architectures, this is not a grave bug!

> 2. File an "important" bug report.
> PRO:
>   - The package wouldn't be pulled away.
>   - It might be correct (so I am asking what to do), because the bug
> shows up only in some hardware configurations. CONS:
>   - This really has no cons, so could be the right answer.

This is the right answer.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

[1] or important