Re: I've tested the PGI installer

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 05:57:15AM +0200, Nick Name wrote:
> One grave bug: it hangs on DDC detection for me (nvidia geforce2 with,
> obviously, "nv" driver, LG915FT). It really hangs with no hope else than
> CTRL+ALT+F2 and killall read-edid.

It's not grave.  Video cards falling over dead when they receive DDC
probes is the hardware manufacturer's fault.

Type "install prompting=more" at the syslinux "boot:" prompt.

http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/usermanual.html#boot-commands-install-options

This is also documented on the syslinux screens you didn't read.  :)

> Then the X server starts, but the user is due to a network install. Why
> not left the user a possibility to add the woody cds?

Because a design principle of PGI is to keep the prompting to a
minimum.

Also see:

http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/guide.html#ch-package-placement

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    America is at that awkward stage.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    It's too late to work within the