Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:25:13PM -0400, Luke Seubert <ls.maillist@verizon.net> was heard to say:
> Jim, I agree with what you are saying, but it is almost unavoidable.  In
> order to have a simple, elegant, easy to use menu hierarchy; there is simply
> no way that Debian Desktop can include every app in the menu.

  If you're not going to include (say) several Web browsers in the menu,
perhaps you should not install the extras by default?

  This would not only save space, it would keep the menu program from
having to do lots of work to figure out what stuff to show the user and
what stuff to hide.

  The only serious problem I see with this is the silly [0] dependency of
every Mozilla-based program on the browser itself...

  Daniel

  [0] ok, annoying..

|           "Oh my god!  The entire map is written in GIBBERISH!"             |
|           "Worse, my friend.  It's written in German!" -- Fluble            |