Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks
Am 23.10.02 um 09:02:08 schrieb Luke Seubert:
> Meanwhile, mlterm seems a good choice for a universal Desktop Debian
> terminal program unless other considerations suggest otherwise.
I'd like to second this.
xterm is better than because:
- it has tektronix emulation
- it's, well, stable
gnome-terminal (and also konsole) is better than mlterm because:
- it has multiple tabbed terminal windows
- it has font selection built-in
- it doesn't need config files (that could be counted as a drawback by
- it can handle multiple profiles
But, although these might be valid reasons for people to choose those
terminals over mlterm, they are mostly cosmetic. mlterm is better than
the above because it handles many i18n issues much better. This is the
decisive argument for many many users. Also, it has smoothed fonts,
which is nice (though slow).
|=| Michael Piefel
|=| Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
|=| Tel. (+49 30) 2093 3831