Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:46:16PM -0400, Luke Seubert wrote:

> Lesson?  Debian Desktop should pick only one X terminal to put into the menu
> (my choice would be a well configured xterm but I am flexible) to make it
> easy for the newbie.  The power user can add other X terminal programs to
> the menu if he doesn't like Debian's default choice.  Note:  these other
> terminal emulators will of course be installed and waiting, ready for use,
> they just won't necessarily show up in the default menu under KDE, Gnome,
> etc.

Stipulating that a shallow menu is preferable (since otherwise, this
situation doesn't exist), is there any reason not to simply make this call
x-terminal-emulator? Or at least some other alternatives-based attempt at
letting folks configure it locally? (If you want user-level, presumably
you're already beating on your own config files...)
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/