Re: Bad signature, was: Re: Need a stable NMU'er please ...

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:35:57AM -0400, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> I believe I tracked it down. The problem is, I believe the key is
> permanently an IDEA key, created with pgp2 (in 1997).

Please read /usr/share/doc/pgp/UPGRADING_TO_GPG and see if that helps.
As I understand it, there's no such thing as an "IDEA key".  PGP 2.x
does use IDEA to encrypt the secret key, but once you get around that
you can import the key in GPG and use it normally, now that RSA is
no longer patented.  (I did it with my key, and it works.)

> I assume this also means gpg can't check pgp2-signed mail
> messages (as indeed, when I copy all of my keys from pgp to gpg, gpg
> says the signature is bad while pgp says it's good).

Hmm, this is why I sign with GPG :)

Richard Braakman