Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:05:41AM -0400, Simon Law wrote:

> 	I've found that being a Developer isn't that important to the
> work that I contribute, and I hope that you will continue to
> contribute whatever you can.

	I know, but after awhile I feel as if I'm a second class
member of the Debian community, that I'm untrusted and being
stigmatised. I'm not after alau@debian.org for any status at all, only
as a "thanks for helping out" and to feel accepted.. When you're up
against that, you really start to wonder if it's worth it at all.

> 	Above all, you have to remember that most people working in
> Debian have the best of intentions, and that you should accept that
> things don't always happen as quickly as you'd like them to.

	That's what I used to believe as well. But when you're being
stone-walled, you start hearing many disheartening things and you don't
know what to believe in anymore. With all of the politics involved
around here you really don't know if someone likes getting their kicks
holding grudges, especially against you.

So much for "3. We Won't Hide Problems" of the Debian Social Contract.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew 'Netsnipe' Lau                   Computer Science & Sturep, UNSW *
*   "apt-get into it"                        Debian GNU/Linux Packager    *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *