Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:36:17PM +1000, Andrew Lau wrote:
> 	By the way, don't tell me to stop bitching and that it won't
> get me anywhere. Well I've kept quiet and patient and it hasn't got me
> anywhere either. You'd feel the same if you were in the same boat as
> any other NM who's waited for over 6 months without explanation.

	I waited for a year before I could find a Developer to sign my
key.  Then I waited seven months for James to notice me and approve me.
I just sat tight and waited.  I got my packages sponsored and was
patient.  Eventually, I was able to upload my own packages and my
sponsors got to relax a bit.  *grin*

	I think that if I wasn't a Debian Developer now, I still would
be maintaining packages and filing bugs and helping the system.  I've
found that being a Developer isn't that important to the work that I
contribute, and I hope that you will continue to contribute whatever you
can.

	Above all, you have to remember that most people working in
Debian have the best of intentions, and that you should accept that
things don't always happen as quickly as you'd like them to.

Simon