Re: mplayer installer package

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 09:27:01AM +0200, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
>  there will be, latest version that went to my sponsor can be found at
> http://eyck.forumakad.pl/debian, along with mplayer-skins ( this will
> follow shortly after mplayer is in debian ) and mplayer-fonts ( this will
> have to wait some more, until someone tells me that those fonts generated
> from microsoft .ttfs are distributable, or someone comes up with free
> .ttfs ).

The TTFs are not.  Bitmap renderings of them, however, are not covered by
Copyright.  This goes back to precedents set in the days when fonts were
made of metal and slammed onto the page.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>     You expected a coherent reply?

<gecko> Hmm... I wonder what else seperates Debian from the rest of the
        Linux distributions.
<Knghtbrd> gecko - We Don't Suck
<gecko> Knghtbrd:  you don't say that when addressing a bunch of people
        FROM those distros
<Knghtbrd> gecko - point.