Re: dpkg segfaults

On 18 10 2002 21:58, Adam Heath wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2002, Adam Stewart Edgar wrote:
> > Im in a bit of trouble here.  I am running unstable with daily updates
> > on a x86.  When I went to "apt-get dist-upgrade" dpkg segfaults when
> > trying to pre configure the packages.  Is any body else having this
> > problem? Does anyone have any suggestion?
>
> dpkg has not been modified in a long time.  However, glibc 2.3.1 was
> recently uploaded.  I'm not saying it is at fault, but it's something to
> look at.
>
> Also, what have you done to try and track this down?  Do you have a core?
> strace/ltrace?  What?
>
> You can't expect us to fix anything when you have given no information as
> to the circumstances surround the bug/problem.

is there a chance to have dpkg-static packeged and uploaded to the archive and
not conflicting with dpkg package, and also all executable binaries provided
by it to be named something like <app>.static ?
P.S. I know I can have it myself built.
--
Greets, fr33zb1
[catching up with Sid (the boy next door who destroyed toys :-)]