Re: dpkg segfaults

Ok at this point I have realized that dpkg dies when reading
/var/lib/dpkg/info/python2.2-optik.list.  Oddly enough whenever I try to
read that file I get a segfault.  Even touch will segfault.  That
perplexes me quite a bit.  This seems to be either a kernel problem or a
filesystem problem.  Next I will check the file system (fsck) and if
thats not it, I will be at a loss.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Adam S Edgar

p.s.  Sorry for any typos; tommorrow is home-coming and I am pretty
nackered.