Re: emacs mode for running debuild, debc, and debi etc.

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:
>
> > The problem is for packages that are perfectly usable without emacs, but
> > yet for which we byte-compile elisp files.
> >
> > If you don't depend on emacsen-common, installation breakage can ensue.
> > I've seen it happen.
>
> True, but the point was that *emacsen-common* is not what you're in
> theory supposed to be depending on.

[80 lines of explanations deleted.]

Rob, I'd like to thank you for explaining it to me at length the way you
did.  I'll create a gri-el package for the package's major-mode.

It would be nice to work this out in a better way in the long run.

Peter