Re: emacs mode for running debuild, debc, and debi etc.

On 16-Oct-02, 05:09 (CDT), Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org> wrote:
> Julian Gilbey (2002-10-16 10:43:13 +0100) :
>
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:25:29AM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Gah.  I just *have* to find time to try that for an hour, and (most
> >> probably) spend the next hour adding it to the dpkg-dev-el package.
> >
> > Makes more sense for me to add it to the next release of the
> > devscripts package.
>
> Uh, and make devscripts depend on Emacs?

Why on earth would that make devscripts depend on emacs? You're saying
that the mere existence of a elisp file in a package makes all the
rest of the package suddenly stop working? No, of course not. Surely
"Suggests: emacs" would be (more than) enough.

(Not that I care where it ends up, but making a seperate package for it
seems like major overkill.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland