Re: f-cpu and Debian

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:33:16AM +0100, Yann Guidon wrote:
> oh, btw, most people i spoke about the OR1K
> (their 'open RISC' architecture) say that it is
> more or less a rip off that mimics the MIPS R2000
> to be interesting... I don't want to flame them
> down but there is nothing really ground-breaking
> in this.

There isn't, but for the the software crowd (e.g. Debian) it is more
interesting since it is somewhat more useable for developing software
right now.  They have a gcc toolchain and demoed a MP3 player under
uCLinux on their OR1200.  I don't think a MMU is available already, so
it can't do full Linux yet.

Their website http://www.opencores.org/ seems to be down at the moment,
though.

--