Re: Regarding BitKeeper and its price list

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:19:00AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> And if you want to do so, you should do it on debian-vote, where people
> who don't care about it don't have to see it or worry about it.

I should think that Debian Developers would care if they were in
violation of a copyright license on some software they use, which is why
I brought this issue up.  Perhaps *you* don't use BitKeeper and *you*
don't care, but that doesn't mean that other Debian Developers cannot be
impacted by the BitKeeper license, which they are particularly likely to
encounter if they happen to moonlight as Linux kernel hackers.

If I wanted a GR censuring Larry McVoy, I'd have proposed one.

As before, maybe you're not complaining about my messages, but those of
other people in the thread.  If so, then you're contributing to the
topic drift you find so irritating, by pontificating about the Social
Contract and the Constitution.  At least some people in this thread are
still discussing technological measures[1], and it would be
off-charter to attempt to compel them to migrate their discussion to
-vote.

[1] perhaps facetiously, but humor is no less appropriate here than it
is on any other Debian discussion list

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.