Status of invoke-rc.d support (was: the netbase/inetd conspiracy)

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
[...]
> Any time spent on improving inetd is better spent making it support
> invoke-rc.d or making it easier to remove it.
[...]

[X] Done.
I've started submitting bugreports against the daemons I've installed
on my system requesting support for invoke-rc.d. Naturally the
bug-reports are severity wishlist and have a patch attached.

Some actively maintained packages already have support for invoke-rc.d
in the version sid probably because they use dh_installinit in V4 mode
(e.g. wwwoffled, inn2 or apmd).

BTW it is sad that some daemons in base afaict don't get the support
they require, for example crond and sysklogd seem to really need a
co-maintainer. I don't want to blame anybody, packages in base tend to
end up in the hands of seasoned debian-developer, whose time is spread
thin.
          cu andreas
--
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest _tin_
http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/tin-snapshot/