Re: inclusion of a debian dir in upstream src

> The sanest suggestion I've seen so far is to keep upstream's Debian
> scripts in a directory 'deb', and symlink it to 'debian' in configure,
> provided there's no real 'debian' directory.  This way, the Debian
> maintainers can easily override it in their diffs without clashes.

I like this idea of symlinking it.
It doesn't belong into configure (debian/rules calls configure)
but it if someone wants to use these scripts he can easily rename the
directory or symlink it.
That's even better than putting debian in a separate repository, i
think.
At least when dpkg-source supports symlinks ;)

BTW: good stuff to have in "debian/" dirs in upstream CVS: put a
reportbug notice / redirection there. People shouldn't report bugs to
debian bugtracking when using self-built packages.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
        To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.