Re: the netbase/inetd conspiracy

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:06:25PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Why not stop wasting my time on something so utterly pointless? (seriously)
> Either the packages or policy should be changed.  Do you not agree?

No, not really. Policy's not precisely defined, and trying to pretend that
you can read it without having to think about whether it's recommendations
are actually beneficial is just going to lead you into trouble.

And, heck, I've seen a lot more problems caused by dpkg's reluctance
to reinstate removed conffiles, than problems caused by config files
magically reappearing.

Cheers,
aj