Re: Accepted po-debconf 0.2.2 (all source)

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 12:58:59AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > I am all for making things utf-8 in the debian/control file, yes.
> > But that has issues too, because some people GPG-sign keys with
> > mail address that is not UTF-8.
>
> Policy D.2.4. seems to say that the Maintainer field should be in
> RFC-822 format.

Oh, but read more carefully, it already allows at least one RFC 822
exception in Maintainer fields.

Otherwise we could also publically lambast people like:

% egrep '^Maintainer: .*,' *|sort -u
main.Packages:Maintainer: Adam C. Powell, IV <hazelsct@debian.org>
main.Packages:Maintainer: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@debian.org>
main.Packages:Maintainer: James Penny (Midway, Kentucky) (No Comment) <jpenny@universal-fasteners.com>