Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

Postinst will not fail; the && keeps it from doing so.  If the
`&& echo "Group 'bind' added to system"' is removed, postinst fails and
stops processing; however, w/ that there, failure to add the group is
ignored.  Processing of postinst continues.

The md5sum stuff is unfortunate; it is there to provide a clean upgrade.
The logic goes something like this:

if the user has not edited named.conf
	create /var/run/bind
	if the user has not edited the init script
		change permissions on all writable files/directories to
		be owned by user/group bind

The checks are necessary due to the following cases:

A user has changed the init script; for example, to run bind as user
'nobody'.  If this is the case (and they don't want the init script
replaced during upgrade), then we must not change any permissions on any
of the bind directory/files, as the user might've made them owned by
user nobody.  Changing perms would break their setup.

A user has changed named.conf; this means we cannot assume that the
pidfile directory will be correct in named.conf, so there's no point
even bothering changing permissions; no pidfile directory means bind9
will fail to run correctly as non-root.

--
Buying a Unix machine guarantees you a descent into Hell. It starts when
you plug the computer in and it won't boot. Yes, they really did sell you