Re: wanting to package wpoison

Steve Langasek wrote:

> Or is it your intention to present such absurd license terms that we
> would abandon the idea of distributing wpoison?  If so, I think it
> worked.

i think that the author, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg@monkeys.com>, made a
gross conceptual error. we were asking to package wpoison, not use
wpoison to poison our own www.debian.org website.

if we were doing the latter, then, of course, we should happily place
the wpoison icon on the website, just like we have the link to the site
sponsor.

this was not the case, we were asking to _distribute_ the code, not
_run_ the code.

i think the author of wpoison failed to realise that the simple
inclusion of his code would greatly increase the visibility of his
project, it would have been even more visible had it been released under
a DFSG compatible license.

the point is moot now, i am afraid.

-john