Re: wanting to package wpoison

In message <[🔎] 1031604551.14536.37.camel@twinkle>, you wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 17:41, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>>
>> In message <[🔎] 20020909200036.GA15094@fishbowl.madduck.net>, you wrote:
>>
>> >I'd like to package wpoison[1] for Debian.
>> >
>> >  1. http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison/
>>
>> [..]
>> I will however allow Wpoison to be distributed with Debian, but only
>> on the condition that a copy of the Wpoison logo is incorporated into
>> the home page at www.debian.org, and that this is made into a
>> clickable link that, when clicked, will take people to the Wpoison
>> home page, URL given above
>
>Obviously! Together with the HPQ, Apache Foundation, GNOME Foundation,
>and more funny logos!

Works for me!

If you are leveraging off of all of this fine work by all of these
other fine, selfless, and hardworking groups that are cranking out
great free software for the benefit of humanity (and usually with
little or no financial reward) then shouldn't you be GLAD to at
least give each of these groups the honor of dedicating a little
patch of 20x10 pixels on the Debian home page in honor of each
group's contribution to Debian, and to free software generally?

>> >This is the license that comes with it, could you tell me if it's
>> >DFSG-compliant? I think so...
>>
>> If I knew what DFSG was, I could maybe answer that.
>You can read the Social Contract and Debian Free Software Guidelines,
>here:
>http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html

Hummmm... reading #5, I should say that I have decided to change my
copyright terms and conditions so as to prohibit possession or use
of my code by any member of the Taliban.

I don't see as how this should really be a problem however.  It is my
understanding that the Taliban have religious objections to the use of
computers anyway.  (I've heard that they also become skittish in the
presence of electric can openers.)

Regarding #6, I object vigorously to the use of my code in the research
or development of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  (I guess this falls
under ``genetic research''.)

>> (Sorry.  I guess I'm ignorant.)
>no comments.

You are clearly a man a great discression and nice judgement.