continuously REJECTed

hi, i am trying to upload a package to ftp-master, but it is being
rejected, because the .orig.tar.gz file is apparently already in the
New directory:

  Rejected: gjay_0.1.1.orig.tar.gz file already exists in the New
  directory.

So I thought I'd upload and simply delete the .orig.tar.gz file from
incoming, but that results in:

  Rejected: can not copy gjay_0.1.1.orig.tar.gz to holding area: file
  not found.

what to do?

"friendships last when each friend thinks he has
 a slight superiority over the other."
                                                    -- honore debalzac