Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

>>"Torsten" == Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> writes:

 Torsten> You mean we have a better mechanism to not update it. In my
 Torsten> opinion there is too much bureaucracy involved in changing
 Torsten> debian-policy. I know about the debian-policy list and all
 Torsten> that but it's just too hard to fight something through until
 Torsten> it gets accepted if you don't have a lot of time to follow
 Torsten> up on the discussions. And I bet Anthony for example does
 Torsten> not have that much time...

	In other words, you do not have either the time, motivation,
 and arguments to convince fellow developers that your idea has
 merit. I don't know how to avoid that, unless you think we should let
 any changes at all into policy, even when the proposer has not
 offered any convincing rationale for the change. Would the resulting
 policy documentation have any utility whatsoever?

	manoj
--
 Everything's great in this good old world; (This is the stuff they
 can always use.) God's in his heaven, the hill's dew-pearled; (This