Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

John Goerzen wrote:
> I'm concerned that a single person has the power to dictate such dramatic
> changes in our procedures.  Why is the NMU procedure not codified in Debian
> Policy?  There, at least, we have a better mechanism of updating it.

Debian policy does not dictate how developers do stuff, it describes the
proper content of debian packages.

Aj's pronouncement that we should loosen NMU procedures was accepted
because it made it clear that this was a good idea and people agreed
with it, and because we generally respect Aj to make decisions that are
good for the release, not because it was a pronouncement from on high.

--
see shy jo