Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

Le Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:02:02PM +0100, James Troup écrivait:
> world peace happen" and it'd be about as honest as saying "we can [put
> infrastructure in place on the buildds for yet another distribution]".
> Take pools for example; "we decide[d]" long ago that they were a good
> idea, but that didn't mean jack-the-groove as it wasn't until two
> years (or more) later they were actually implemented.

Sure it took some time ... until someone did the job.

Some people volunteered for this project, and if someone can say me that
I will not loose my time (and the time of the people who volunteered) by
working on that project then I may well go on and start working.

But you know sometimes you're interested by public feedback before you
decide to start working, that's what I'm looking for here.

> little less of the random and dismissive "that's not a problem, we can
> do <foo>" unless you have someone ready to do <foo> and evidence that
> they're capable of actually doing it.

Sure.

Cheers,