Re: Accepted sdl-image1.2 1.2.2-1 (i386 source)

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:32:22PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:
>
>  > Sorry, looking at the package, I thought I saw that sdl was still
>  > compiled against libpng2.
>
>  The current libsdl-image1.2 for i386 in sid is compiled against
>  libpng3.  The problem is that sdl-image1.2 Build-Depends on libpng-dev
>  which is provided by libpng2-dev, too.  It might have happened that
>  some architectures builded sdl-image1.2 against libpng2-dev I think.
>  woody's is compiled against libpng2 on i386.

woody's version is fine, because that build-depends on png2-dev. I switched
to png3 only with the last upload (SDL_image1.2.2). 1.2.2-1 packages for all
arches were built with libpng3.

So I explicitely build-depend on libpng3-dev, bump shlibs to 1.2.2-2 and ask
people to rebuild with this? Then I wait for versioned libpng3, build-depend
on this version, and ask everybody to rebuild with this again? Anything
else?

Packages will be broken in the meantime, but we have about 3 years till the
next release to fix it...

Christian