Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

Joey Hess wrote:

> The menu methods files make extensive use of substitutions.
> Perhaps you should look at them?

I've looked at the ones that happen to be installed on my workstation.
They seem much less complex than the example you give. I've also glanced
/usr/share/doc/menu/menu.txt.gz, which mentions that such capabilities
exist in the menu system's rather hideous custom programming language,
though without explaining why it's needed.

I see you are listed as one of the authors of this atrocity. Perhaps
this has something to do with the hostility you're showing?

> It's nice to see that you XSTL-boosters have investigated the requirements
> in such depth. :-P

It would be nice to see you discussing the subject without being snide,
but perhaps that's too much to expect of you. Pity. As one of the
current system's creators, you are, obviously, more familiar with it
than most of us, but that's no excuse for being an ass.

Craig