Re: gnupg-doc of standard priority?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 08:31:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Unless you happen to need the documentation so you can get onto the web,
> of course.

I didn't say to remove it, just to not make it standard. I also
suggested that a documentation task is completely appropriate. (Which
would get it highlighted in the install mode most likely employed by
novice users.)

> Then get into dselect and deselect it before it's installed. The
> installer prompts you to do such things. If you're worried about the
> size of standard, then *don't* use it. We have four levels (required,
> base, standard and tasks) so you can be as obsessive about these things
> as you like without having to bother everyone else.
>
> If you think standard's too big, don't use it.

Why so defensive about people trying to ensure that standard is sane? Or
do you feel that unlike my (and others') opinion, yours is the only
correct way to do things? I can just as easily ask why you don't go into
dselect and install a particular piece of documentation as you can ask
me why I don't go in and remove it. For that matter, it's a hell of a
lot easier in our system to add things than to remove them. (Just hit
one task button and you've added 100 packages. To remove stuff you need
to read through the 100 packages one at a time to decide what is useless
to you.)

--
Mike Stone