Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

* Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [020710 23:19]:
> I've never seen the Canadian PM declaring war on terrorists or drug

The amount of grandstanding some people in power do is sometimes much
different than the amount of crap some in other places of considerable
power can handle.  The president saying X Y and Z is a far cry from
actually doing such.

There is a majority here that want drugs to not be out there.  Theres a
majority here that dont paticulary like terrorists.  I personally think
that people who wage war over an idea with no state linked backing are
criminals and not 'soldiers'.  If a state is involved, its just warfare
of a different type.

What should be scaring you is the "strike first" crap that gets spouted
off about Iraq.  Talk about setting a example for the others in the
neighborhood.

( http://www.markfiore.com/animation/doctrine.html if anyone needs some
visual input on the idea. )

--