Re: Paper on init scripts and Debian (debconf2)

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
- After woody, I intend to break up sysvinit into probably three
  packages. One containing just the binaries (init, shutdown, etc),
  probably called 'sysvinit-bin', one containing the basic initscripts
  (/etc/init.d/checkroot.sh etc), probably called 'initscripts-base',
  and one containing the startup-policy (/etc/init.d/rc etc) for which
  I don't have a proper name (sysvinit-boot ?). That last one could
  be replaced with file-rc, or any other scheme.

This is good to hear. I've been tinkering with sysvinit to get it to run on freebsd-i386. The C code needs few changes, but I need a lot more invasive changes in the /etc/init.d scripts, and I think it might be easier to just make a separate set.

In the new scheme, would it be acceptable to replace the 'initscripts-base' with another package?

	---Nathan