Re: Paper on init scripts and Debian (debconf2)

According to Nathan Hawkins:
> I've been tinkering with sysvinit to get it to run
> on freebsd-i386. The C code needs few changes, but I need a lot more
> invasive changes in the /etc/init.d scripts, and I think it might be
> easier to just make a separate set.

Yes, I think the hurd port has similar concerns.

> In the new scheme, would it be acceptable to replace the
> 'initscripts-base' with another package?

I don't see why not. However 'initscripts-base' would be an essential
and required package, and dpkg doesn't like removing such a package
or replacing it with another one .. that's going to be the hard part.

Mike.