Re: Wishlist for woody+1

Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> writes:

> I have never seen anybody use the "international currency sign" that was
> replaced by the Euro symbol... But i haven't anybody seen using the Euro
> symbol in debconf templates either...

The Euro-sign is the least problem as you say. No-one really uses the
international currency sign, whatever it should be used for.

Latin1 has some loose accents (diearesis, cedilla, acute accent)
missing in latin9 (or a least moved). These may not be very

But I have seen 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 used a lot in latin1. In Latin9 these
characters becomes capital OE-ligature, small oe-ligature and capital
Y with diaeresis. (No, I havn't checked if they are used in existing

Not that I'm saying it would be hard to use Latin9 for all the
languages we otherwise would have used latin1 for. Just that it isn't
only the euro-sign we have to look after.

 Peter Makholm     |   First you fall in love with Antarctica, and then it
 peter@makholm.net |     breaks you heart. And if Antartcica doesn't do it
 http://hacking.dk |                                 Valerie Kenning might