Re: Wishlist for woody+1

> However, I have no idea which encoding "Description-{de,es,fr,it}:"
> fields are written, ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15, because these fields
> don't specify countries.  (These languages are used both in Euro
> countries and non-Euro countries.)

Actually also non-Euro Countries might want to use the Euro Character...
After all it is one of the most important currencies, isn't it?

For the Debconf Templates: it does probably NOT matter at all if you
interprete them as -15 or -1, as they usually will not contain the
modified characters at all. To be on the safe side i would use -15.
I have never seen anybody use the "international currency sign" that was
replaced by the Euro symbol... But i haven't anybody seen using the Euro
symbol in debconf templates either...

Still i think having multiple charactersets within one file is evil, and
thus debconf should use utf-8 soon.

Gruss,
Erich Schubert

--
erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.