Re: Emailing: msg00036

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:31, Mary E. Byrd wrote:
> Could you please remove this page and all others related to it from your
> website.  I did not know I was spamming I didn't even know what spamming
> was until this individual unkindly let me know about it.  All I was
> doing was my job and I thought the internet would be a great tool.  I
> apologized and promise I won't do it again since I now know it offends
> some individuals.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dale R. Joaquin
> Southwest Century Communications, Inc.

Why use a fake email address?  This message and the previous message which
both claim to be from the same person have different "From" addresses.  One
of them is fake, which one?  Or did you just get an account cancelled for
spamming?

If you believe that I was being unkind or unfair then why didn't you discuss
the matter with me 11 weeks ago?

Spam doesn't offend "some individuals", it offends the vast majority of
people on the Internet.  Here's a challenge for you, find a magazine or
journal (either online or paper-based) which deals with the Internet and does
not have some mention of the evil of spam.  If you had done your research you
would have discovered this.

If your company has reformed and is no longer a spammer then please publish
your advertising code of conduct which includes disciplinary measures to be
applied to employees who spam.  Also please pay the $US1000 advertising fee
for the spam you posted.  This won't result in my message being removed from
any archives or any other action, but it will help the image of your company.

Russell Coker

PS  If you had chosen to discuss the matter with me privately then there
wouldn't be any more messages on this list (which as you know are archived)
about the past misconduct of Southwest Century.