Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 06:59:48PM -0400, Mark Eichin wrote:
> >  2) Remeber to hand-edit the sources.list file and change
> >     "stable" to "woody".
>
> While this "will be" correct once released, it has been giving testers
> a nasty time -- perhaps we need a clever way to toggle this, even if
> it's a magic untagged key "hit f9 at the first screen if you're a
> tester" sort of thing...

Since woody will still be woody after it becomes stable, what is the good
reason for it not saying woody all along?

This would also avoid the accidental and undesired upgrade to a new stable
that has been known to happen...

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Are you ever going to do the dishes?  Or will you change your major to biology?