Re: Debian on the Sharp Zaurus/SL-5xxx

* Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) [020616 21:33]:
> It's the symlinky part that I want to make easier.  Currently, the only way
> I see to do it is to know in advance what needs to go where, and create the
> links before calling dpkg.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to impliment a simple FS that
does nothing but have either directories or links in it, using some
(text?) control file to determine where links point to.

You could then alter the control file to update symlinks, and then
the whole /usr/local mount could be this symlinkfs, with links
pointing to either the sd/mmc or cf drives.  It could then be
adjusted on the fly when an sd/mmc or cf is changed.

Just an idea.

Ciao!

--
Behold, the fool saith, "Put not all thine eggs in the one basket"--which is
but a manner of saying, "Scatter your money and your attention;" but the

The Doctor What: Kaboom!                         http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC