Re: #127986: vim: Processes found running away. * Tags: moreinfo; 158 days old.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 06:48:14PM +0000, Jason Lunz wrote:
> All of which is irrelevant to my point, which is that you can easily
> reproduce bug #127986 by sending SIGTERM a few times to a running gvim.
> Unless that's a different vim busyloop bug.

I must be lucky then, because I can't make it happen.  The sure-fire method
described in the bug doesn't do a thing for me.  Either it fails out
completely, or gvim tells me it can't open an X display and defaults to the
console client.  In any case, CPU usage never climbs.

$ dpkg -l | grep vim
ii  vim            6.1.048-1      Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor
ii  vim-gtk        6.1.048-1      Vi IMproved - GTK version

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net