Re: #127986: vim: Processes found running away. * Tags: moreinfo; 158 days old.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:13:50PM +0000, Jason Lunz wrote:
> hamish@debian.org said:
> > Why would you be running killall gvim?
>
> It happens to me in practice when I start a screen session at home, then
> connect to it from work and inadvertently start gvim on the home X
> server. A subsequent attempt to edit the same file in vim produces the
> standard "swap file exists" warning, prompting a "killall gvim".

And the same question controls... why would you be killing the process that
way, just because there's already a swap file out there?  It's not like vim
doesn't tell you this, and ask you what it should do about it.

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net